For the upcoming servicing of 100,000km, have been long heard about the goodness and smoothness of AMSOIL SSO 0W30 for only $19 per quart, so why not give it a try with the long service interval recommended by AMSOIL that up to 15000miles which is equivalent to about 24,000km. This is actually the top grade product from AMSOIL which is also the first company producing synthetic engine oil in 1972.
Besides, there are many Firsts...
AMSOIL has a documented history of innovation and leadership.
- First to develop an API-rated 100 percent synthetic motor oil.
- First to introduce the concept of "extended drain intervals" with a recommended 25,000-mile/1-year drain interval.
- First U.S. company to utilize the NOACK volatility test as a standard of performance excellence.
- First to produce synthetic motor oils for diesel engines, racing engines, turbo and marine engines.
- First to introduce synthetic oils that legitimately contribute to improving fuel efficiency.
- First to manufacture synthetic gear lube for automotive use.
- First to manufacture a 100:1 pre-mix synthetic 2-cycle oil.
- First to manufacture a synthetic automatic transmission fluid for automotive use.
My car is fitted with Denso Iridium Power now, that cost $60 that lasted for 40,000km.
With this Platinum that cost $40 with long life of 100,000km, its value for money!!
22/2/11: Went for 100,000km servicing today.
Updates: Oil is good, smooth and engine roar more quietly. But the spark plug not as powerful as the already used 40,000km Iridium. Should stick with Iridium.
Will reinstall my Platinum with Iridium later...I just remember that my Iridium only used for ~27,000km. Still long way to go before the need to change.